Open & closing dates
Sat, 24 Aug 2019 to Fri, 06 Sep 2019 23:59:00
Office of Public Affairs
$51,805 to $86,342 (per year)Appointment type
FT Salary W BN
As part of the Office of Public Affairs Digital Team, develops website and social media content, to include helping plan, publish and maintain countywide digital content; provides website and social media support to departments; helps create educational resources and training courses; helps maintain a suite of metrics; supports emergency communications; and examines new digital content opportunities. Helps residents who use the county website and social media platforms better understand their government, highlights the county's strategic priorities and connects the community with services through many ways, including these responsibilities:
- Creates relevant, timely and actionable content for many topic areas and countywide issues through lenses of equity, accessibility and inclusion.
- Designs graphics, edits photos and produces multimedia packages for website, social media and other platforms.
- Performs regular reviews of county web content to ensure accuracy, timeliness and relevance.
- Publishes regular updates to county web pages such as topic areas, meeting information and other countywide issues.
- Drafts and schedules social media content, monitors for mentions, and identifies opportunities for engagement and customer service.
- Serves as a content resource for departments and countywide issues/campaigns as needed, requested or assigned.
- Directly assists county departments and offices in publishing content as requested/assigned.
- Helps with countywide website and social media coordination across all departments and initiatives.
- Executes content in support of countywide editorial planning and the county's strategic planning initiative.
- Assists in developing training for publishers and then provides training as necessary or as requested.
- Supports website and social media metrics reports, tools and systems.
- Serves as part of a formal or informal Joint Information Center team to support crises, declared emergencies, weather events and other no-notice incidents.
- Other duties as assigned include providing intranet support; assisting with special events; helping to maintain lists and databases; providing media relations support as needed; and helping to produce materials for other county communications platforms such as email and printed products.