Sat, 22 Jun 2019 to Fri, 12 Jul 2019 23:59:00
$93,120 to $155,199 (per year)Appointment type
FT Salary W BN
Serves as the Archivist and Public Records Official in conjunction with the Clerk of the Circuit Court and serves as the official county liaison to the Library of Virginia in accordance with the Virginia Public Records Act. This position is the Subject Matter Expert (SME) in the technologies supporting electronic data management, lifecycle management, archival and retrieval. Responsibilities include:
- Consults with and is responsible for the development and implementation of strategy, policy, procedures and compliance requirements for systematic management of county electronic and paper records and historical artifacts regardless of platform serving all county agencies, boards, commissions, authorities, committees, and councils, both appointed and elected.
- Guides and facilitates the creation of best practices for records management to ensure compliance with the federal and state regulations regarding reporting, digitization, storage, retention and appropriate destruction of records as well as the Virginia Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), eDiscovery and litigation hold processes.
- Provides expert guidance regarding records management and the development of county agencies document management solutions.
- Ensures an efficient records retention and disposition program for county agencies, develops retention and disposition schedules, and conducts periodic county wide agency audits and reviews to ensure proper compliance, implementation, and updates as needed.
- Regularly conducts seminars and provides training regarding records management, messaging and electronic records.
- Serves as a subject matter expert and collaborates with departmental records administrators, Office of County Attorney, FOIA Office, and, DIT document management, platform technology and IT security practice areas, and information IT staff.
- Represents the County by serving on committees and participating on regional and national organizations by speaking, writing strategies and papers.
- Provides guidance to the Assistant Archivist in the management of the Archives Operations for electronic transformation of processes and general compliance with statutory requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.u00a0u00a0u00a0