Sat, 15 Jun 2019 to Fri, 28 Jun 2019 23:59:00
$77,556 to $129,260 (per year)Appointment type
FT Salary W BN
Serves as a senior expert in the field of Cyber and IT security and privacy on the Information Security Office (ISO) team, assessing cyber threats, responding to cyber incidents and agencies' inquiries while implementing and administering cyber security tools and systems to ensure secure enterprise-wide IT operations, performance, data, and resiliency. Duties include:
- Implements, administers and supports security systems to include host endpoint protection, data loss prevention, network-based intrusion detection and prevention systems, application layer firewalls, vulnerability management and forensics utilities, and other infrastructure deployed and maintained by the ISO.
- Participates in internal and third-party security assessments and audits requiring interaction with agencies to remediate discovered system vulnerabilities.
- Operates Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) system and other security dashboards to monitor, research, and respond to cyber security related events and incidents due to data loss or system breach, malicious code, system configuration, and patch management issues.
- Coordinates daily with other Department of Information Technology (DIT) divisions and Agency Information Security Coordinators and IT Analysts, and external entities.
- Participates in fulfilling data searches including legal electronic files preservation, Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), other data requests, investigations, and forensics. Act as general technical and operation advisor for cyber on behalf of the ISO.
- Stays abreast of Cyber Security and seeks to acquire or maintain industry certifications. Supports and responds to emergency IT events and supports county EOC activations as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- This position works under the direction of the Chief Information Security Officer.