Sat, 11 May 2019 to Fri, 24 May 2019 23:59:00
$53,104 to $88,507 (per year)Appointment type
FT Hourly W BN
Seeking a reliable, well-organized individual with a dynamic professional attitude to serve as an active member of the Employment and Training team. The successful applicant must be an active listener, adaptable, and able to handle dueling priorities with a focus on efficiency and customer service. The position will require a flexible professional ready and willing to take on different roles and tasks depending on office and program needs. Some local travel is required.
- Determines eligibility for various employment and training programs, including the Virginia Initiative for Employment Not Welfare (VIEW).
- Provides ongoing, intensive case management and follow-up.
- Recruits and pre-screens eligible participants and delivering job readiness training curriculum and career competency workshops.
- Addresses barriers to employment through education and training services.
- Coordinates referred services with partner programs and provides intensive case management to eligible participants.
- Develops community partnerships, providing support to the Fairfax SkillSource Center operations team and VIEW Job Center, and connecting job seekers to community resources.
- Participates in job fairs and related activities requiring some evening and/or weekend work.
Note: Location varies depending on the needs of the department at One-Stop Employment Centers throughout Northern Virginia in the counties of Fairfax, Loudoun and Prince William.