Open & closing dates
Sat, 09 Feb 2019 to Fri, 22 Feb 2019 23:59:00
$87,025 to $145,041 (per year)Appointment type
FT Salary W BN
Serves as first or second line supervisor over 39 professional level technical and professional staff, overseeing all operational and administrative functions for the Enterprise Technology Center/Data Center and logistics and technical planning for integration ofu00a0printing services including the county print shop and multi-function device program, document imaging/scanning and the county mail room. Duties include:
- Supports and coordinates with IT division directors and managers whose technology infrastructure and systems reside in the data center for monitoring performance, production processing, and printed output.
- Ensures appropriate operating environment for optimal system performance for infrastructure housed in the data centers.
- Ensures that all production activities are completed accurately and on schedule.
- Maintains contracts for equipment and software licenses, equipment inventories, storage and back-up processes for on premise and commercial hosted/collocation environments.
- Oversees the installation of software/hardware components into the datacenter, and works with IT analysts in Platform Technology Division to assure preventative maintenance and monitoring is performed on all equipment.
- Supervises direct staff and promotes integration and modernization of reporting and dependent functions; ensures coverage, and performs required personnel actions such as scheduling, time and attendance, performance evaluations, workforce planning and employee development.
- Works with the Policy, Planning and Administration (PPA) and Platform Technologies directors, and reporting managers and develops and implements policies and procedures; develops program budgets and supporting metrics; develops performance measurements and conducts operational analysis for recommendations to senior management.
- Serves as point of contact for DIT (Department of Information Technology) for county-wide COOP, and participates in the development of disaster recovery and COOP plans for DIT.
- Oversees change management process and ensures compliance with policy.
- Ensures timely communications on status, events and maintenance windows.
- Keeps abreast of industry trends; provides technical expertise and interacts across the enterprise collaborating with IT directors and managers in developing future strategy and solutions related to new technology and operations.
- Serves on committees as a representative of the IT management team, and preforms related work as required.
- Responds to County Emergency Operations Center (EOC) activations.