Open & closing dates
Sat, 02 Feb 2019 to Fri, 01 Mar 2019 23:59:00
Housing & Community Dev
$82,936 to $138,228 (per year)Appointment type
FT Salary W BN
The Fairfax County Department of Housing and Community Development (HCD) and the Fairfax County Redevelopment and Housing Authority (FCRHA) are seeking an experienced leader and subsidized housing professional as its Director of Rental Assistance.u00a0The FCRHA is a large Moving to Work (MTW) public housing agency (PHA) and is staffed by the Fairfax County Department of Housing and Community Development.
This is a senior level position whose purpose is to oversee 50 staff responsible for administration of approximately 5,000 federal Housing Choice Vouchers (HCV), including vouchers administered under MTW Authority, special purpose vouchers (VASH, FUP, NED), Project Based Vouchers (PBV), PBV in units converted through RAD, and local rental assistance programs. This position also oversees the administration of the Family Self Sufficiency Program (FSS) and other programs that support the FCRHA's Moving to Work program and self-sufficiency.
The ideal candidate:
- Will be a technical expert in federally subsidized housing programs, and an experienced and dynamic organizational leader and manager.
- Will have experience in all aspects of the housing choice voucher program including all requirements of project based vouchers.
- Have strong program design, planning and implementation skills, and demonstrated innovative program design to support the FCRHA's Moving to Work programs.
- The candidate will also have deep experience in managing performance and compliance in a large organization with multiple levels of subordinate supervision.
- Be able to work independently with minimal supervision and able to thrive in an environment that encourages innovative and strategic thinking, problem solving, multitasking, decision making and prioritizing under tight deadlines.
- Will possess the managerial acumen to identify, direct, and correct operational and compliance deficiencies to achieve optimal results.u00a0