Open & closing dates
Sat, 02 Feb 2019 to Fri, 01 Mar 2019 23:59:00
$70,551 to $117,585 (per year)Appointment type
FT Salary W BN
The Fairfax County Health Department (FCHD) is recruiting a mid-career Epidemiologist to advance the population health agenda in an expanding Division of Epidemiology & Population Health.
The successful candidate will undertake the following key activities:
- Assist with developing the population health scope-of-work for FCHD, informed by the Fairfax County Community Health Improvement Plan, data on health burden and disparities, emerging threats, and county priorities. Current priority areas include opioids and other substance use; mental health and suicide; and nutrition and food insecurity.
- Conduct surveillance in priority areas to monitor health status, outcomes, and disparities among the Fairfax County population and present data in dashboards, reports and presentations to inform decision-making.
- Analyze county-level data and implement epidemiological investigations in the community to guide public health actions. Analyze social determinants of health and underlying causes affecting health behaviors and outcomes.
- Provide technical expertise and/or lead in designing and implementing evaluations of programs to improve population health outcomes, using evaluation results and quality improvement methods to enhance program effectiveness.
- Develop and implement population health research, sharing results in presentations and publications.
- Collaborate with other programs within FCHD (including the Division of Community Health Development, the Division of Health Services, and the Health in All Policies Coordinator); with other Fairfax County agencies; and with community organizations to improve health outcomes and reduce health disparities.
- Supervise and support Population Health Epidemiology Section professional staff, fellows and interns.