Open & closing dates
Sat, 08 Dec 2018 to Fri, 18 Jan 2019 23:59:00
Housing & Community Dev
$70,551 to $117,585 (per year)Appointment type
FT Salary W BN
Multiple positions may be filled from this job announcement. The Department of Housing and Community Development (HCD) is searching for a results-oriented, team player for their Asset Management Division. Under general supervision of the Director of Rental Housing, the Asset Manager will be responsible for taking initiative to ensure that properties are physically well-maintained and in compliance with all lender, U.S. Treasury, HUD and other regulatory requirements, including HCD policies and procedures, agreements, programs and covenants. As an integral member of HCD, the candidate must interact in a thoughtful and collaborative manner with the community level and senior management and exemplify the highest standards of honesty, respect, integrity, and discretion.
- Performs regular financial analysis of assigned portfolio's operating results and performance versus their business plan and searches for opportunities to maximize revenue and minimize expenses.
- Conducts on-site property inspections and file review; identifies and documents deficiencies in property condition, cleanliness, and service levels.
- Conducts preliminary analysis on repositioning of properties and recommends ways to enhance the property.
- Keeps current on market factors that impact the positioning and performance of assigned portfolio.
- Ensures a complete and clear understanding of federal, state and local program requirements for assets within portfolio.
- Assists in the annual involvement of the property audits.
- Reviews and analyzes annual operating budgets and business plans.
- Assists the division director with understanding factors impacting monthly, quarterly and annual reporting results.
- Documents and communicates regularly regarding the performance of the assigned assets and/or portfolio performance with Division Director.
- As required, attends public meetings and presents information on HCD programs.
- Portfolio of properties may have many layers of federal and state subsidies such as Low-Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC), Project Based Vouchers (both RAD and regular), Community Development Block Grant (CDBG), Home Investment Partnership Program (HOME), Affordable Dwelling Units (ADU) and Section 8 Project Based Rental Assistance Vouchers.
- Coordinates activities for projects within assigned portfolio with other asset managers and other HCD staff (i.e. Property Management, Property Improvement and Maintenance, Financial Management, Real Estate Finance, Grants Management, and Design, Development and Construction Divisions) and other Fairfax County agencies and related groups.