Open & closing dates
Sat, 27 Jan 2018 to Fri, 09 Feb 2018 17:00:00
$38,411 to $62,567 (per year)Appointment type
FT Hourly W BN
The primary function of this position is to be the public's first point of contact when contacting the Fairfax County Police Department with questions, concerns and/or seeking information. Answers incoming telephone calls and directs them to the appropriate resource. Duties:
- Furnishes information to citizens on criminal and traffic laws as well as public safety matters.
- Inspects the workplace during each tour of duty to ensure that equipment is working properly and that no hazards exist.
- Monitors closed circuit TV cameras and audible alarms for fire, burglary, emergency power, etc. Makes required security checks of the building and property.
- Enters data into the Computer-Aided Dispatch (CAD) system regarding warrant and arrest checks, Division of Motor Vehicle listings, etc. Initiates police service calls via CAD and writes police reports in our Records Management System (ILEADS).
- Relays messages to patrol officers.
- Maintains a telephone number for every squad member. Keeps superiors informed on major events and weather forecasts.
- Handles administrative tasks for a team of patrol officers to include reviewing Time and Attendance records and court schedules.
- Assists with inventory of station assets.
- Assists with maintaining organization of station supplies.