Open & closing dates
Sat, 04 Nov 2017 to Fri, 17 Nov 2017 17:00:00
Planning & Zoning
$47,300 to $78,833 (per year)Appointment type
FT Hourly W BN
Performs highly technical and advanced research and problem solving associated with the zoning review and approval of applications for complex building permits, non-residential use permits, home occupation permits, temporary special permits and other applications as required by the Zoning Ordinance. Researches and analyzes county records, maps, architectural plans, house location plats, grading and site plans, and other county records. Duties include:
- Considerable contact with the public and is responsible for clearly communicating information to customers regarding zoning regulations and land development processes in person, on the telephone or via written communication.
- Ability to coordinate with other county staff to complete research and reviews of permits.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team-based environment,
- Occasionally serving as a team lead.
- Strong working knowledge of the Zoning Ordinance and zoning maps.
- Performs other duties as required, such as assisting with training of new staff, performing quality review of daily permits and preparing the daily technician schedule.