Open & closing dates
Sat, 28 Oct 2017 to Fri, 17 Nov 2017 17:00:00
DPWES Directors Office
$72,336 to $120,560 (per year)Appointment type
FT Salary W BN
Seeking an experienced GIS Manager to join and lead a highly talented GIS Solutions and Support Services Team, consisting of multiple spatial analysts and technicians. This position offers a diverse scope of responsibilities in providing GIS architecture leadership, building effective business relationships to service customers' needs, managing the program's strategic roadmap to extend and improve current ESRI suite capabilities and drive data integration, and execute multiple concurrent project initiatives. In this role, you will apply and leverage your strong program management and GIS technical skills as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) to mentor, guide and support the team to help usher in a new wave of innovative technology and GIS services.
- Supervise and lead GIS team, including managing and coordinating staff workload planning, task assignments, and problem resolution to establish a collaborative and agile team atmosphere.
- Determine GIS project priorities and schedules to direct and define GIS program.
- Lead business requirement assessments, evaluate new and emerging GIS/spatial tool technologies, develop technical solutions, and execute implementation of GIS desktop, mobile, and web-based applications.
- Lead all stages of life cycle management of GIS systems.
- Represent DPWES on interagency GIS initiatives.
- Establish cross-departmental spatial system policies and technical standards governance.
- Perform any or all four types of spatial analysis: spatial overlay and contiguity analysis, surface analysis, linear analysis and raster analysis to create and maintain maps, data findings and report documentation.