Police responded to a shot spotter report and found the victim lying unresponsive on a front porch. The victim was suffering from a gunshot wound to the body and was transported to Johns Hopkins Hospital where he later died.
Homicide detectives are investigating this murder and are asking anyone with information to call (410) 396-2100 or call Metro Crime Stoppers at 1-866-7LOCKUP.
2012 Shooting Upgraded to Homicide
A Baltimore area woman died earlier this month and the Medical Examiner has ruled that she died as the result of a gunshot wound suffered in 2012.
On May 12, 2012 at approximately 2:43 A.M., Shawnice Singletary, then 36, of the 3700 block of Mary Avenue was shot in the 3200 block of E. Northern Parkway while sitting at a red light in her car.
She was paralyzed as a result of the shooting and, on August 12, 2019, died at her home in the 3200 block of Fairview Avenue in Woodlawn, Maryland, at the age of 43.
Recent Homicide Victims
Baltimore Police have at least five open homicide investigations as the result of shootings this month. The victims were:
- 8/14/2019 – 2700 Reisterstown Road – Da’yon Thomas (21) No last known address
- 8/15/2019 – 3800 W. Patapsco Avenue – Sherman Reed, Jr (31) of the 3800 block of W. Patapsco Avenue
- 8/16/2019 – 500 N. Clinton Street – Michael Beatty (47) of the 500 block of N. Clinton Street
- 8/17/2019 – 700 Whitmore Avenue – Evan Brewington (19) of the 4000 block of Aragon Avenue
- 8/18/2019 – 2400 Washington Blvd – Tyrin Brown (19) of the 4300 block of Adelle Terrace Place
Homicide detectives are asking anyone with information regarding any of these investigations to call (410) 396-2100 of call Metro crime Stoppers at 1-866-7LOCKUP.