The Metropolitan Police Department wishes to advise that from Friday, June 14, 2019 through Sunday, June 16, 2019, the filming of a television miniseries will take place in the District of Columbia. In conjunction with this event, there will be several street closures that motorists should take into consideration:
The following streets will temporary street closures and intermittent traffic control from Friday, June 14, 2019 at 7:00 p.m. to Saturday, June 15, 2019 at 5:00 p.m:
- 17th Street, NW between New York Avenue, NW and Constitution Avenue, NW
- 18th Street, NW between Virginia Avenue, NW and E Street, NW
The following streets will be closed on Saturday, June 15, 2019, from 1:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.:
- Indiana Avenue, NW between 4th and 5th Street, NW
- C Street, NW between 3rd Street, NW and 6th Street, NW
The following streets will temporary street closures and intermittent traffic control from Saturday, June 15, 2019 at 7:00 p.m. to Sunday, June 16, 2019 at 5:00 p.m:
- Constitution Avenue, NW between 3rd Street, NW and 9th Street, NW
- 3rd Street, NW between Constitution Avenue, NW and Madison Drive, NW
- Pennsylvania Avenue, NW between 3rd Street, NW and 7th Street NW
- 7th Street, NW between Constitution Avenue, NW and Madison Drive NW
All street closures and listed times are subject to change based upon prevailing or unexpected conditions.
The public should expect parking restrictions along the entire route and should be guided by the posted emergency no parking signage. The public should also expect enforcement of these parking restrictions which may include ticketing and towing along the entire route.
Motorists could encounter possible delays if operating in the vicinity of this event and may wish to consider alternative routes. The Metropolitan Police Department and the D.C. Department of Transportation also wishes to remind motorists in the vicinity of this event to proceed with caution as increased pedestrian traffic can be anticipated.
-- News release from the Washington Metropolitan Police Dept.