On Saturday, June 22, 2019 and Sunday, June 23, 2019, the 2019 National Capital BBQ Battle will take place in the District of Columbia. In conjunction with this event, there will be several street closures that motorists should take into consideration:
The festival hours are as follows:
- Saturday, June 22, 2019, from 11:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Sunday, June 23, 2019, from 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
The following streets will be closed from Friday June 21, 2019, at approximately 7:00 pm until Sunday June 23, 2019, at approximately 12:00 am:
- Pennsylvania Avenue, between 3rd Street and 7th Street, NW
- 3rd Street, between Constitution Avenue and Madison Drive, NW
- 4th Street, between Pennsylvania Avenue and Madison Drive, NW
- 6th Street, between Constitution Avenue and C Street, NW
- Constitution Avenue, between Pennsylvania Avenue and 3rd Street, NW
All street closures and listed times are subject to change based upon prevailing or unexpected conditions.
The public should expect parking restrictions along the street and should be guided by the posted emergency no parking signage. All vehicles that are parked in violation of the emergency no parking signs will be ticketed and towed.
Motorists could encounter possible delays if operating in the vicinity of this event and may wish to consider alternative routes. The Metropolitan Police Department and the D.C. Department of Transportation also wishes to remind motorists in the vicinity of this event to proceed with caution as increased pedestrian traffic can be anticipated.
-- News release from the Washington Metropolitan Police Dept.