News release from Arlington County:
ARLINGTON, Va. – The inaugural Ballston Quarterfest (formerly the Taste of Arlington) will be held from 12:00 PM until 6:00 PM daily on Saturday, May 18th and Sunday, May 19th, 2019. Setup for the event will begin on the evening of Friday, May 17th.
The Arlington County Police Department will implement numerous road closures to accommodate the festivities at the following locations from approximately 7:30 PM on May 17th until 9:30 PM on the May 19th:
- Wilson Blvd will be closed between N. Randolph Street and Glebe Road in both directions the entire weekend. Motorists should use Glebe Road and Fairfax Drive as alternate routes to avoid the closure. N. Randolph Street will remain open in both directions during the entirety of the event.
- N. Taylor Street will be closed at Wilson Boulevard
- N. Stuart Street, from N. 9th Street to Wilson Boulevard, will be closed
- N. 7th Street, between Glebe Road and Wilson Boulevard, will be closed
- Other closures not mentioned may be implemented at police discretion in the interest of public safety
In addition, area street parking will be restricted. Motorists should be on the lookout for temporary “No Parking” signs and illegally parked vehicles may be ticketed and/or towed. If your vehicle is towed from a public street, call the Emergency Communications Center at 703-558-2222.
Attendees are encouraged to use Metro (Ballston station) or other “for hire” transportation options to reduce vehicular traffic in the area.
For additional event information, please visit the Quarterfest website.