On Sunday, May 19, 2019, The 2019 Capitol Hill Classic 10K, 3K, and Fun Run will take place in the District of Columbia. In conjunction with this event, there will be several street closures that motorists should take into consideration:
The following streets will be posted as Emergency No Parking and closed from 5:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m:
• C Street, NE from 4th Street, NE to 6th Street, NE (both sides of Stanton Park)
• 4th Street, NE from Massachusetts Avenue to Maryland Avenue, NE
• 6th Street, NE from Massachusetts Avenue to Maryland Avenue, NE
The following streets will be posted as Emergency No Parking from 5:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and closed from approximately 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m:
• Maryland Avenue, NE from 4th Street, NE to 3rd Street, NE
• 3rd Street, NE from Maryland Avenue, NE to Independence Avenue, SE
• Constitution Avenue, NE from 3rd St NE to 1st Street, NE
• 1st St NE from Constitution Ave NE to Independence Avenue, SE
• Independence Avenue, SE from 1st Street, SE to 3rd Street, SE
• East Capitol Street, NE from 3rd Street, NE/SE to 22nd Street, NE
All street closures and listed times are subject to change based upon prevailing or unexpected conditions.
The public should expect parking restrictions along the street and should be guided by the posted emergency no parking signage. All vehicles that are parked in violation of the Emergency No Parking signs will be ticketed and towed.
Motorists could encounter possible delays if operating in the vicinity of this event and may wish to consider alternative routes. The Metropolitan Police Department and the D.C. Department of Transportation also wishes to remind motorists in the vicinity of this event to proceed with caution as increased pedestrian traffic can be anticipated.
-- News release from the Washington Metropolitan Police Dept.