News release from Arlington County:
ARLINGTON, Va. – The 2019 Bunny Hop 5K race will take place on Saturday, April 27, 2019. The Arlington County Police Department will close several roads from 7:00 AM until 10:00 AM to accommodate the race:
- Pershing Drive from N. Highland Street to N. Oxford Street
- Irving Street from N. 9th Road to N. 2nd Road
- Jackson Street from RT. 50 to N. 2nd Road
- Highland Street from N. 9th Street to N. 2nd Road
- 9th Road between N. Irving Street and N. Highland Street
- 9th Street between N. Irving Street and N. Highland Street
- 2nd Road between N. Irving Street and N. Highland Street
Residents of the affected neighborhoods will be escorted through the traffic closures to minimize the impact on the community. Motorists are reminded to follow the direction of police personnel and race volunteers. All the roadways should be reopened by 10:00 AM.
A portion of the course winds through the Columbia Gardens Cemetery. Visitors will be able to access the property, however; vehicular traffic will be controlled by race personnel.
Parking restrictions will also be in effect on N. Irving Street between N. 6th Street and N. 9th Road. Vehicles will be subject to tow, and area residents are asked to park vehicles in driveways to reduce street congestion. If your vehicle is towed from a public roadway, contact the Emergency Communications Center at 703-558-2222.
For additional event information, visit the race website.