On Sunday, April 28, 2019, the 5th Annual Tenley Tiger Run will take place in the District of Columbia. In conjunction with this event, there will be several street closures that motorists should take into consideration:
In order to ensure the safety of this activity, the following street closures and Emergency No Parking will be established along the race route on Sunday, April 28, 2019, from approximately 7:30 am. to approximately 11:00 am:
- The run will start at Wilson High School and travel westbound on Chesapeake Street, NW
- North on 41st Street, NW to Harrison Street, NW
- East on Davenport Street, NW to Belt Road, NW
- North on Belt Road, NW to Davenport Street, NW
- West on Harrison Street, NW to 41st Street, NW
- South on 41st Street, NW to east on Chesapeake Street, NW
- South on 40th Street, NW and U-Turn prior to Albermarle Street, NW
- North on Fort Drive, NW to the finish line back at Wilson High School.
All street closures and listed times are subject to change based upon prevailing or unexpected conditions.
The public should expect parking restrictions along the street and should be guided by the posted emergency no parking signage. All vehicles that are parked in violation of the emergency no parking signs will be ticketed and towed.
Motorists could encounter possible delays if operating in the vicinity of this event and may wish to consider alternative routes. The Metropolitan Police Department and the D.C. Department of Transportation also wishes to remind motorists in the vicinity of this event to proceed with caution as increased pedestrian traffic can be anticipated.
-- News release from the Washington Metropolitan Police Dept.