Beginning January 22, Fairfax Connector’s newest express Route 698 will provide non-stop service from the Vienna Metrorail Station to the Pentagon. This route is supported by the Commuter Choice Program and I-66 toll revenues.
Things to know
Regular express fare per ride is $4.25; older adults and people with disabilities pay $2:10. Pay using a SmarTrip card or cash.
- Route 698 will offer 10 rush-hour trips in the morning and in the afternoon. The average ride time is 35 minutes.
- Morning service with regular departures (approximately every 20 minutes) from the Vienna Metrorail Station begins at 5:40 a.m. with the last departure at 8:22 a.m.
- Afternoon service with regular departures (approximately every 35 minutes) begins at 3:30 p.m. from the Pentagon and the last departure will be at 6:10 p.m.
- Park free and begin your commute for $1 on select Fairfax Connector bus routes serving the Vienna Metrorail Station. Park your car at the park and ride locations below, catch a bus to the Vienna Metrorail Station and ride Route 698 to the Pentagon.
- AMF Centreville Lanes (Routes 630 and 641)
- Centreville Stone Road (Routes 640, 642, 644)
- Centreville United Methodist Church (Routes 630 and 641)
- Fairfax County Government Center (Routes 621 and 623)
- Greenbriar Park (Routes 632 and 640)
- Poplar Tree Park (Routes 632 and 640)
- Stringfellow Road (Routes 631 and 632)
- Sully Station (Routes 640 and 642)
For a complete list of routes that you can take for $1 to the Vienna Metrorail Station, visit www.fairfaxcounty.gov/transportation/I-66/bus-connections.
- Have an emergency? Sign-up for Guaranteed Ride Home.
For More Information
For day-to-day information and assistance with Fairfax Connector service:
- Sign up for Fairfax Connector BusTracker for real-time passenger information.
- Call our Telephone Information Center (TIC) at 703-339-7200, TTY 703-339-1608, for information on bus connections.
- Visit www.fairfaxconnector.com for schedule information.
Visit a Connector Transit Store for trip-planning, fare media, and more.