Beginning Dec. 4, Fairfax Connector Route 699 will provide express service from the Fairfax County Government Center, via I-66, directly to major regional employment and educational centers in downtown Washington, D.C., including the U.S. Department of State, the World Bank and The George Washington University Campus.
The new service coincides with the collection of tolls on I-66 inside the Beltway, which also begins Dec 4.
Schedule and Fares
- Regular express fare: $4.25; older adults and people with disabilities: $2.10. Pay using a SmarTrip card or cash. Ride FREE the week of December 4-8, 2017.
- 10 morning rush-hour inbound trips and 10 afternoon rush-hour outbound trips: Morning service with regular departures (approximately every 20 minutes) from the Fairfax County Government Center to downtown D.C. begins at 5:40 am with the last departure at 8:25 am. The average ride time is 45 minutes.
- Afternoon Service with regular departures (approximately every 22 minutes) begins at 3:25 p.m., from Virginia Avenue & 21 Street NW. Last departure from D.C. will be at 6:43 p.m. from 19 Street & F Street NW.
- To depart D.C. midday, take the Metrorail Orange Line to Vienna and connect to the Fairfax Connector Route 621 midday service that connects to the Government Center.
- For emergencies, sign-up for Guaranteed Ride Home.
Parking and Transit Connections
Free parking is available at the park-and-ride lot at the Fairfax County Government Center.
Connect to the Government Center via Fairfax Connector Routes 605, 621/622/623, and Metrobus 1C.
For more information, visit www.fairfaxconnector.com.