If you ride one of the Metrobus routes listed below, take heed. Some changes are being proposed.
- Pentagon City Modifications: 7A, 7F, 22A
- Columbia Pike: 16A, 16B, 16G, 16H, 16J, 16K, 16P
- Other Service Extensions or Additions: 4B, 11Y, 29K, 29N
- Other Service Modifications: Metroway
- Other Service Reductions or Eliminations: 4A, 10E, 22B
Proposals being considered include plans to restructure service along Columbia Pike in Virginia with additional limited-stop service in Arlington County, extend service on the BWI Airport Express route to Arundel Mills Mall in Maryland, and extend service to accommodate new Wharf development in the District of Columbia. Other changes are being reviewed, as well.
The proposed changes will be based on input from customers and local governments, and an analysis of on-time performance, ridership, corridor studies and cost efficiency.
Want more detailed information?
You can read about the specific details for each of the proposed changes in Virginia, the reasons they’re being considered and the potential cost/revenue impacts here.
Want to share your opinion with Metro?
You can have a say about all of these proposals by doing one of several things:
- Complete an online survey.
- Fill out a paper survey and drop it in collection boxes located near the faregates at Metrorail stations closest to the impacted routes. There is no need to take multiple surveys.
- Provide feedback to outreach staff September 6 – September 21, at designated times and locations on-board buses or at Metrorail stations.
- Attend an open house Tuesday, September 26, 2017, beginning at 5:30 p.m. followed by a public hearing from 6 – 7 p.m. Speaker registration is onsite only.
Metro Headquarters Building
600 Fifth St. NW
Washington, DC 20001
(via Metrorail: Gallery Place or Judiciary Square)
The deadline for providing your feedback is 9:00 a.m. on Monday, October 2, 2017
Your input will be given to Metro’s Board of Directors for their consideration before any changes are approved. Any Board-approved service changes would begin within the next year.