Restaurant kitchen fire in Vienna

Maple Avenue fire photo

A kitchen fire in a restaurant turned into a two-alarm blaze in the 100 block of Maple Avenue West in Vienna on Wednesday, March 22.

The fire was first reported by personnel from Fire Station 2, Vienna, who saw smoke coming from the building when returning from a medical incident in the area. Crews found heavy fire in the ceiling of the kitchen area. A second alarm was requested bringing approximately 60 firefighters to the scene.

Fire Investigators determined that the fire started in the kitchen of the restaurant. The fire was accidental in nature and was the result of a grease fire from an unattended pot on the stove.

Damages are estimated to be approximately $175,000.

Comments

About the Author

Truman Lewis
A former reporter and bureau chief, Truman Lewis has covered presidential campaigns, state politics and stories ranging from organized crime to environmental and consumer protection.