Metro has begun Track Surge #12 and that means no Blue Line service through the end of the month. None at all. Here’s what you need to know.
Weekday Metro changes
- No Blue Line trains will be in service February 11 – February 28
- In Virginia, use Yellow Rush+ and transfer at L’Enfant Plaza to continue your trip.In Maryland, use Silver Line instead.
- Yellow Rush+ trains will run all day between Franconia-Springfield & Greenbelt
- Arlington Cemetery Station will be closed (free shuttle buses will run between Pentagon & Arlington Cemetery)
- During rush hours
- Yellow Line runs every 8 minutes between Huntington & Mt Vernon Sq
- Yellow Rush+ runs every 8 minutes between Franconia-Springfield & Greenbelt
- Green Line runs every 8 minutes between Branch Ave & Greenbelt
- During midday and evening hours, Yellow Line and Yellow Rush+ trains will run every 12 minutes on each line (every 6 minutes at stations normally served by both Yellow and Blue lines)
Weekend Metro changes
- Weekend train frequencies may change to coordinate with other planned track work on the Metrorail system.Weekend service information is posted on Metro’s web page
Other ways to get where you’re going
- Limited free Metrobus shuttle buses between Pentagon and Arlington Cemetery every 15 minutes during the hours the cemetery is open.
- Fairfax Connector supplemental SafeTrack express service every 20 minutes during weekday rush hours between Vienna Metrorail Station and the Pentagon.
- Virginia Railway Express Fredericksburg Line for travel between Franconia-Springfield, King St-Old Town or Crystal City and downtown DC.
- Metroway express bus service or Arlington Transit (ART) routes 42, 43 as an alternative to the Blue Line.