(UPDATED Wednesday, 12:00 p.m.)
Inauguration Day, January 20th.
Open or Closed?
- Fairfax County Government (some services available; schedules vary) – Closed
- Fairfax County Public Schools – Student Holiday
- Federal Government – Closed
- Commonwealth of Virginia – Open
Virginia Road Restrictions
- I-395 HOV northbound lanes will close at 3 a.m. on January 20. HOV lanes on I-395 will re-open southbound upon the conclusion of the Inaugural parade.
- HOV restrictions will be lifted on I-66 (as well as on I-395 when the lanes reopen Friday evening).
- I-395 main lanes and I-66 will be open to all traffic.
- Memorial Bridge will be open to pedestrian traffic and authorized vehicle traffic only.
- Key Bridge, Chain Bridge, Woodrow Wilson Bridge and the American Legion Bridge will be open to all traffic.
- North Washington Street at Montgomery Street (City of Alexandria) to Reagan National Airport will be open.
- Metrorail will open at 4 a.m. and close at midnight, with rush-hour service and peak fares until 9 p.m.
- Five Metro stations – Archives, Mt Vernon Square, Federal Triangle, Smithsonian and Pentagon – will be closed due to enhanced security measures.
- Riders planning to use Metro are encouraged to purchase a SmarTrip card in advance to avoid long lines on Inauguration Day (each rider age 5 or older needs a SmarTrip card to enter and exit the system.)
- Metro recommends that riders plan their trip to the National Mall without transferring between lines. There is a station near the National Mall on each Metro line.
Due to additional security measures, the Main Hall in Union Station will be closed Tuesday at 10 p.m., through Friday morning.