Fire has destroyed a home in the 7200 block of Poplar Street in Annandale.
The blaze was reported around 1:45 Friday afternoon after someone in the home smelled smoke. When firefighters arrived they could see fire coming from the rear of the two-story house. A second alarm was ordered before the fire was brought under control.
One firefighter was hurt slightly. Five people who live in the house were displaced.
Fire investigators say the fire originated in wires located between the floor joists between the first floor and the basement. There was one smoke alarm in the home but its battery was dead.
Damages to the building are estimated to be approximately $161,250.00.