Hereâ€™s a rundown of what is and isnâ€™t open around Fairfax County on Veterans Day, Nov. 12:
- County Government — Closed.
- Courts — Closed.
- Public Schools and School Offices — Open.
- Library — Closed.
- Fairfax Connector — Operating weekday service on most routes; except routes 335, 395, 585, 595, and 597, which will not operate; Route 980 will operate a reduced level of service.
- Fastran — Not in service.
RECenters and lakefront parks open regular schedule. Nature centers and historic sites will be closed, with these exceptions:
- Nature Center at Huntley Meadows Park — open noon to 5 p.m.
- Frying Pan Farm Park — open 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and visitor center open 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Green Spring Gardens open noon to 4:30 p.m., but historic house is closed.
- Teen and Senior Centers — Closed.
- Community Centers — Closed.
- McLean Community Center — Closed.
- Old Firehouse Teen Center — Open 2-6 p.m. for after-school program.
- Reston Community Center Hunters Woods — Regular hours; 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Reston Community Center Lake Anne — Regular hours; 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- County Trash and Recycling Collection — Regular collection.
- Recycling and Disposal Facilities at I-66 Transfer Station and I-95 Landfill Complex — Open.