Here is the rundown on what will and will not be open in Fairfax County During the Thanksgiving Holidays:
- County Government â€“ Closed Nov. 22-23.
- Courts — Close at noon on Wednesday, Nov. 21; closed Nov. 22-23.
- Public Schools and School Offices — Two-hour early closing for students only on Wednesday, Nov. 21; closed Nov. 22-23.
- Library — Closed Nov. 22-23.
- Fairfax Connector — Nov. 22 – Sunday schedule. Routes with Sunday service operate according to the Sunday schedule. Routes without Sunday service will not operate. Nov. 23 – Holiday weekday schedule. Routes with weekday service operate according to the weekday schedule except routes 335, 395, 585, 595, and 597, which will not operate.
- Fastran — Not in service Nov. 22-23.
Parks and Recreation
- Nov. 22 – RECenters open at regular time and close at noon, except George Washington RECenter, which is closed. Nature centers, historic sites, Frying Pan Farm Park and the Green Spring Gardens horticultural center and historic house are closed. Nov. 25 – RECenters open regular hours. Nature centers open noon to 5 p.m.; historic sites open 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.; Frying Pan Farm Park open 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and the Visitor Center open 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.; Green Spring Gardens open noon to 4:30 p.m.; the historic house is closed.
- Teen and Senior Centers â€“ Closed Nov. 22-24.
- Community Centers â€“ Closed Nov. 22-24.
- McLean Community Center â€“ Closed Nov. 22-23.
- Reston Community Center Hunters Woods — Open Nov. 22, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.; Terry L. Smith Aquatics Center will close at 1:30 p.m. Nov. 23 – regular hours.
- Reston Community Center Lake Anne — Open Nov. 22, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.; Nov. 23 – regular hours.
- County Trash and Recycling Collection — Residents receiving trash and recycling collection from Fairfax County will have regular collection service Nov. 22 and 23. Residents receiving trash and recyclables collection service from private collection companies should contact service provider for the holiday schedule.
- Recycling and Disposal Facilities at I-66 Transfer Station and I-95 Landfill Complex — Closed Nov. 22. Open on Nov. 23 with normal operating schedule.