Individual prize winners
Individual grand prizes winners were:
- Cynthia Li of Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology (TJHSST) in Cellular and Molecular Biology for CSC Characterization at 50 percent and 100 percent Confluency.
- Arrush Choudhary of Chantilly High School in Energy and Transportation for Improving Lipid Yield in Algae.
- Gina Li of Langley High School in Environmental Management for Novel Apparatus for Catalytic Oxidation.
- Soniya Pateriya of Chantilly High School in Medicine and Health Sciences for Effect of Asafoetida and Chia in CNT on Cancer.
- Jason Cui of Langley High School in Medicine and Health Sciences for Cancer Combination Therapy: Cordycepin Synergy.
Team grand prizes winners were:
Kelvin Niu and Daniel Park of Langley High School in Biochemistry for Zinc-based Detection of Pancreatic Adenocarcinoma.
Benjamin Cobb and John Moran of Chantilly High School in Cellular and Molecular Biology for Effect of Cortisol on the Occurrence of Cancer.
Steven Gillen and Devon Papanicolas of Fairfax High School in Engineering: Electrical and Mechanical for Research and Development of SMES Devices.
Daniel Jang, Hansen Qian, and Matthew Rudin of TJHSST for Energy and Transportation for Investigating Gold and Palladium Nanoparticle Catalysts.
Complete results from the 2012 Regional Science and Engineering Fair can be found here.