Fair Oaks Townhouse Damaged In Accidental Fire

A townhouse in the Fair Oaks area was damaged yesterday (Wednesday, January 11) morning by a fire that investigators are blaming on a bathroom exhaust fan.

Upon arrival at the single-family home at 12207 Apple Orchard Court, Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department firefighters encountered heavy smoke coming from the eaves and attic. By gaining access to the attic, crews were able to extinguish the bulk of the fire quickly. However, there was considerable damage to roof trusses and the ceiling. Damage is estimated at $130,000.

No one was home when the fire broke out. Three adults and a dog have been displaced. There were no injuries.

Comments