Fairfax County Crime Solvers is seeking assistance in identifying the man responsible for a series of burglaries in the Reston Police District.
Since April, the suspect has entered at least eleven occupied homes in the early morning hours through unlocked doors or open garages. He steals purses and electronics then travels to Maryland and uses the credit cards.
The burglaries have occurred in the following neighborhoods:
- Friday, April 1 in the 10000 block of Scenic View Terrace
- Sunday, April 17 in the 1300 block of Hunter Mill Road
- Thursday, August 18 in the 300 block of Springvale Road
- Thursday, September 29 in the 12000 block of Sandy Court
- Thursday, September 29 in the 10200 block of Browns Mill Road
- Thursday, September 29 in the 1200 block of Shaker Woods Road
- Thursday, September 29 in the 1200 block of Rowland Drive
- Friday, October 7 in the 7200 block of Churchill Road
- Thursday, October 13 in the 10500 block of Brevity Drive
- Thursday, October 13 in the 11100 block of Chessington Place
- Monday, December 19 in the 2100 block of Statute Lane
Detectives have obtained surveillance photos from stores in Maryland and are hopeful someone will recognize this man. He is described as black, 5 feet, 6 inches to 5 feet, 8 inches tall and 160-to-180 pounds. He has short, black hair, a mustache and a round face. He has worn a black, button-up, short sleeve shirt and aviator-style sunglasses. He may be driving an early 2000, silver or light blue BMW 5 Series car.
Residents are reminded to close and lock garage doors and secure their homes during overnight hours and when they are away.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Crime Solvers by phone at 1-866-411-TIPS/8477, e-mail, by texting â€œTIP187â€ plus your message to CRIMES/274637.
A $100 to $1,000 cash reward will be paid for information that leads to an arrest. As always, callers never have to give their names or appear in court.