If you normally use the Reston East Park and Ride at Wiehle Avenue, you’re going to have to make other arrangements.
The facility will close completely April 3, with minor schedule changes taking effect that day for routes 505, 551, 552, 554 and 557. Those routes will bypass Reston East and go directly to and from the West Falls Church Metrorail Station.
Route 505 will serve the new Sunset Hills Park and Ride lot via a minor routing and schedule modification, and continue to operate all-day service to and from West Falls Church Metrorail Station.
On the same day, the new Sunset Hills Park and Ride will open. The 600-space lot is located at the corner of Sunset Hills Road and Town Center Parkway. Route 505 and a new Route 555 will provide service between Sunset Hills Park and Ride and the West Falls Church Metrorail Station.
The Sunset Hills Park and Ride is a temporary lot that will close after the Reston Station parking garage opens adjacent to the future Reston-Wiehle Ave. Metrorail Station. The Reston Station parking garage is scheduled to be open at the end of 2013.
In addition to the new Sunset Hills Park and Ride lot, current Reston East Park and Ride passengers can also park at:
Reston South Park and Ride
- Located at 2531 Reston Parkway (Reston Parkway at Lawyers Road)
- Combined service to and from West Falls Church Metrorail Station every 6-8 minutes in the AM and PM peak periods.
- 412 total parking spaces
- Served by Fairfax Connector routes 553, 557 and 585
Baron Cameron Park
- 11300 Baron Cameron Avenue (Baron Cameron Avenue at Wiehle Avenue)
- 50 total parking spaces
- Served by Fairfax Connector route 554 on Wiehle Avenue
For up-to-date information about parking or travel options, commuters who use Reston East are encouraged to:
- Visit the Fairfax Connector Website
- Find Fairfax Connector on Facebook
- Follow Fairfax Connector on Twitter
- Sign up for emailed listserv messages on the Fairfax Connector Web site
- Call the Reston East Park and Ride hotline at 703-877-5700, TTY 711