Students from Fairfax County Public Schools (FCPS) took top honors in five categories at the Virginia Junior Academy of Science research symposium and annual meeting held recently at Norfolk State University.
First place award winners were:
- Miyabi Saito of Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology (TJHSST) in Animal Behavior and Genetics.
- Alexander Monahan and Jonathan Towne of TJHSST in Botany.
- Richard Chong of Robinson Secondary School in Chemistry A.
- Hyae Seo of TJHSST in Chemistry C.
- Rachel Chuang of TJSST in Microbiology and Cell Biology.
In addition, Monahan and Towne won the Virginia Academy of Science Botany Award; Chong received the Rodney C. Berry Chemistry Award and the Catesby Jones Award; and Chuang won the Ann M. Hancock Cellular Biology Award.
A complete list of winners can be found here.